Educationally Based… Christ Centered.
LakePoint preschool is a Christian based preschool offering classes for 3-5 year olds. We follow the Highscope curriculum and work closely with Oxford community schools and what they are looking for their incoming Kindergarten students to have educationally.
We are a part of LakePoint Community Church and open to the community.
We run our preschool program from 8-12 Monday-Fridays, September-June. We follow the Oxford Community Schools schedule.
Mission & Philosophy
“If we do not teach our children to follow Christ, the world will teach them not to.”
Our mission is to educate the next generation, not only preparing them for school but also for life. We strongly believe that there is no way to get through the hardships of life without the support of our savior, Jesus Christ. We want to incorporate his truths into our teachings in hopes that our children will be better equipped both inside the classroom and out.
“Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.”
Studies show that a strong educational beginning in a child’s life sets them up for success not only in the classroom, but in their personal and career life as well. Not only will children get a head start in learning basic math, science, history and language arts skills but they will also learn to follow direction, self-regulate, deal with peer conflict and develop strong social skills, become independent, be imaginative, encourage others and develop self-confidence. Preschool is more than learning shapes, colors and reading. It is an opportunity for children to learn about who they are and develop the skills needed to become who they want to be in life. We love being a small part in the wonderful adults these children will grow into and we appreciate the trust you place in us, allowing us to be a part of the life, for just a few hours each day. We look forward to working with parents to develop your children.
- Daily Rates – 2 day minimum
- Snack Provided/ Lunch Brought From Home
- 2 days: $224/month
- 3 days: $312/month
- 4 days: $400/month
- 5 days: $460/month
3 Year Old Schedule
- 8-8:30 – Welcome/Check-in
- 8:30-8:45 – Circle Time (calendar, weather, pledge, theme story, plan)
- 8:45-9:45 – Center Time (math, science, writing, cutting)
- 9:45-10 – Clean up/ bathroom break/ wash for snack
- 10-10:20 – Snack/ Bible story
- 10:20-10:45 – Art
- 10:45-11:10 – Outside or gym
- 11:15-11:40 – Lunch
- 11:40-12:00- Circle Time (review day, story, goodbye song)
4 Year Old Schedule
- 8-8:30 – Welcome/ Free Play
- 8:30-845 – Circle Time
- 8:45-9:15 – Centers
- 9:15-9:30 – Large Group (math, science, writing)
- 9:30-9:45 – Snack
- 9:45-10:10 – Outside or gym
- 10:10-10:50 – Large Group (math, science, writing)
- 10:50-11:15 – Music & Movement
- 11:15-11:35 – Lunch
- 11:35-11:50 – Story Time
- 11:50-12:00 – Circle/Goodbye
Contact LakePoint Preschool
1550 W. Drahner Rd. Oxford, MI 48371
Phone – 248.805.1125 | Fax – 248.628.9987